Join us on Sunday, March 26th for the Second Annual WPTS Radio Ride. This year we’ve teamed up with Pitt Bicycle Collective to make the event even better than the first. Grab your friends and form a team of 2-4 people for a scavenger hunt around the city… ON A BIKE! All proceeds from registration and donations will go to Variety the Children’s Charity. Click HERE to register your squad. Note: THE EVENT WILL BE HAPPENING RAIN OR SHINE REGARDLESS OF THE WEATHER, SO DRESS APPROPRIATELY!
You can also show up Sunday morning at 10 AM on the William Pitt Union Patio (3959 Fifth Ave) to register and hear some snazzy tunes from our DJ’s. Race instructions will begin at 11 AM. Also, Pitt Bike Collective will be operating a pop-up shop to tune up bikes before teams hit the streets at 11:30. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have a bike. We’ve teamed with Healthy Ride PGH to provide vouchers for free bike rentals to all participants.
Make sure to check out the official event rules down below prior to registering your team.
Official Event Rules
1. All participants must sign a waiver before beginning the WPTS Radio Ride (“event”).
2. All participants will begin the event at the same time, 11:30 AM on March 26, 2017 (“date of event”).
3. Registration for the event will be held online and, from 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM on the date of event, on the side lawn of the William Pitt Union, 3959 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213.
4. Participants must register in teams of 2-4.
5. At the start of the event, teams will receive a list of stops to visit. Points are awarded for visiting each stop between 12:00 Noon and 2:30 PM on the date of event.
6. Five hyper stops will be announced on WPTS Radio during the event. From the time of the announcement, teams will have 15 minutes to visit hyper stops to earn bonus points.
7. Teams must reach the Over the Bar Bicycle Café (“OTB”) by 3:00 PM on the date of event to qualify for prizes. Teams arriving at OTB after 2:45 PM will be penalized 2 points.
8. Prizes will be awarded to the top three teams, based on the number of points accumulated by each team. The team with the most points will be given their choice of prizes, followed by the team with the second-most points, and so on until all prizes are claimed or the top three teams have chosen.
9. If two teams have the same number of points, the team which arrived at the Over the Bar Bicycle Café first will be awarded the earlier choice of prize.
10. All unclaimed prizes become property of WPTS Radio.
11. All prizes are accepted “as is” WPTS offers no real or implied warranty as to the quality, workmanship, value, etc. of prizes.
12. Winners of certain prizes must fulfill eligibility requirements in order to receive prize.
13. Winners of certain prizes must fill out a W-9 in order to receive prize.
14. Members of WPTS Radio may participate in event. However, no one who has been a member of WPTS Radio since September 2016 shall be eligible to win prizes.
15. Should any disputes arise regarding the execution of the event, or in the interpretation of these rules, the judgement of WPTS Radio Management is final.
16. Rules are subject to change without prior notification by WPTS Radio Management.